The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Barkaways and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Barkaways. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Barkaways takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Terms and conditions for website usage
If you continue to browse and use this website, you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions of use, which together with our Customer Privacy Notice govern Barkaways's relationship with you in relation to this website. If you disagree with any part of these terms and conditions, please do not use our website.
The term 'Barkaways' or 'us' or 'we' refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Unit 6, Arnold Business Park, Branbridges Road, Tonbridge, Kent, TN12 5LG. Our company registration number is 07636981. The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
This website and its content is copyright of Barkaways - © Barkaways . All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
Trade mark notice
BARKAWAYS and the BF logo are trade marks or registered trade marks of Barkaways Limited in the UK and other countries.
Customer privacy notice
This Privacy Notice is issued on behalf of Barkaways Ltd and when referred to as “Barkaways”, “we”, “our”, or “us” shall refer to this.
This privacy notice lets you know what happens to the personal data that you give to us, or that we collect from or about you.
The correspondence address for the Barkaways Group is:
Unit 6 Arnolds Business Park
T: 01622 872100
For queries relating to Data Protection please contact via: firstname.lastname@example.org
How we collect your data:
You may give us your data by filling in forms, using our website, using Wi-Fi, by corresponding with us by phone, email or post or in person.
These are the main ways we collect your information:
- If you contact us directly via our website or by email to request information about our services
- If you agree to receive newsletters and marketing information by opting in
- If you engage in a service directly from us – service, sales or restoration
- If your vehicle data is transferred to Barkaways as a previous owner or while you are having your vehicle serviced or repaired with us
- If you provide information at an event
- CCTV – cameras are operational across our premises (full details are available in the CCTV policy)
- Photography – Photographic records are taken and stored including but not exclusive to, cars we work on, workshops and premises and at the events we attend
The data we collect about you:
The following types of personal information about you but not limited to this list, may be collected:
Identity and Contact Details
- Phone numbers
- Email address
- Demographic information, preferences and interests
Website and Communication Usage
- How you use our website and whether you open or forward our communications, including information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies (further information is detailed in our Cyber Security policy)
Sales and Services Information
- Includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have engaged with us about.
- Details of work carried out on your vehicles, registration numbers, MOT etc
Marketing and Communications Data
- Includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
- Bank details and payment card details where necessary (see Information Security Policy)
How we use your information:
The main uses of your personal data & information are:
- Customer Support and Marketing - to respond to enquiries and to bring you news and information via email and our newsletter
- Direct customer care and for personalised communication relating to services provided to you and general sales and service information
- Where necessary for the performance of a contract with you, or to take steps to enter into a contract, such as a service or sales agreement
- In relation to the purchase, service or repair of a vehicle including vehicle technical information which may be used to provide the services you request and notify you of issues in relation to your vehicle
- To support the running and development of Barkaways and inform our business and marketing strategies
- To administer and protect our business, to manage risk for us and our customers and to obey laws and regulations that apply to us
It may be necessary for us to process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law. Where possible, we will notify you before responding unless to do so would prejudice the prevention or detection of a crime.
Legal grounds for processing of your personal information
The use of your information set out above is permitted under GDPR law on the basis of these principal legal grounds:
- Where you have given your consent – for direct marketing, email and newsletter contact - You will have been presented with a consent form either online or in person in relation to any such use
- Where necessary to enter into or perform our contract with you
- Where we need to use it to comply with our legal obligations
- Where we have a legitimate interest in relation to business purposes
We will only use your data for the purposes for which we have collected it. If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Sharing your personal data
We may use other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf and to fulfil our obligations. These may include suppliers and sublet contractors, including work carried out on parts or vehicles, for the processing of credit or debit card payments or for the distribution of our newsletter.
We ensure that any third parties we share your data with have committed to following the principles of GDPR.
Keeping your data safe
Barkaways has procedures and safeguards in place to protect your personal information. We use a variety of physical and online security measures, including encryption, to help protect and maintain security, integrity and availability of your information (please refer to our Cyber Security Policy and Information Security Policy for further detail)
For the safety and security of staff, visitors and vehicles, CCTV is in operation across our premises.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
How long we keep your personal information for
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purpose of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
Our retention periods are based on reasonable business needs such as when managing our relationship with you and when providing services agreed. Our retention periods are in line with legal and regulatory requirements or guidance.
In some circumstances, we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for statistical or business development purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Your legal rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data.
The GDPR provides the following rights for individuals:
The right to request access – to receive a copy of the personal data we hold and how we process it
The right to rectification – to have inaccurate or incomplete data corrected
The right to erasure – to ask us to delete or remove data where there is no good reason for us to continue to process it
The right to restrict processing – to have the processing of your data suspended
The right to data portability – to move, copy or transfer your personal data
The right to object – to object to the processing of data taking place for the purposes of legitimate interest
Rights in relation to automated decision making which significantly affects you
Your exercise of these rights is subject to certain exemptions to safeguard the public interest (e.g. the prevention or detection of crime), our interests (e.g. the maintenance of legal privilege) and the rights of third parties.
You are entitled to request access to your personal data collected or processed by Barkaways. This is known as a "data subject access request". This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it. This process should be followed if you wish to exercise any of your legal rights under Data Protection laws.
We will respond to all legitimate requests within one month. There may, however, be circumstances in which Barkaways cannot release information to you, for example, where it contains personal data about another employee or third party.
You may make your request either verbally or in writing by email or letter to the Data Protection Officer.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive.
If you are dissatisfied with our use of your information or our response to any exercise of these rights, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner's Office – https://ico.org.uk/
You can contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com for further information on any of the above.
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time through the Barkaways website at Barkaways.com
or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Further information is detailed in our Cyber Security Policy.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.